Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dr. Jesus: The Divine Physician


Dr. Jesus: His Guide to Building an Eternal Temple and Unshakable Faith in 30 days Today, Tomorrow, Forever! 

Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, Dr. Drew...and many other doctors who have beneficial advice.  On the other hand, Jesus Christ the prince of peace, the author of life, the miracle maker, the Nazarene, the wonderful counselor, our God who was, and is, and is to come! 

In High School and College I battled Anxiety I Battled Depression.  I remember searching, looking, digging for answers.  Hoping to find a remedy, a coping mechanism, a prescription that would heal my self inflicted hardships.  I indeed felt like the woman from the Gospel according to Mark read below;
  
"And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, Who touched my clothes?”  “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it.Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”


First we are introduced to a woman who had been suffering for many years.  She had little hope left in her life after being let down time and time again.  
Second, the author Mark states "When she heard about Jesus".  Hope was renewed in this woman after hearing the track record about Jesus.  Her faith in Him healed her.  
I too had been searching for answers and coping solutions for many years as well.  Only to be lead to another dead end leading me back to search for more.  When I had heard about Jesus I knew that He was the Answer.  I felt in my heart a peace that was ready to burn up all that was stealing my joy. 




Jesus said this, " I AM THE WAY, I AM THE TRUTH AND I AM THE LIFE"

In the Bible the number three is a number representing COMPLETION.  (3 Days, 3 Nails, 3 Denials)
We see I AM three times here in his words reminding us that he is the God of Israel who said to Moses from the burning bush tell my people I AM.

I assure you that God knows your struggles and he knows your pain.  The Bible tells us that he knows how many hairs are on our heads.  He knows what you will ask him before you do.  He wants to heal you.  He wants to give you Joy and to give you Life!  He is alive and well and ready for you to just touch his garment to receive what he has for you.  If you ask him if he is willing, I have faith you will hear "I AM".  

No comments:

Post a Comment